Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #455 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

The Batlord recently suggested that I put a 'best of' list to finish the decade, I'd already thought of this myself previously and therefore have quickly put together two lists of the best 12 albums from 1969 to 1979 to close the decade. The albums selected are only albums that actually made the Top 10 lists and no extras.

List 1: This is pretty much the objective list and the expected one. All these albums are there for their reputation, influence, impact and overall brilliance, and in my opinion offer the cream of the first decade of hard rock and heavy metal. It was hard enough to select 12 albums here without then trying to put them in some sort of order, so I've put them in a chronological order for a quick listening list.

List 2: My own personal desert island selection from the bunch, these are albums that I personally love and can go nuts over, some are flawed but they pump where it really matters and all offer me something different.

List 1
Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin II 1969
Black Sabbath Paranoid 1970
Black Sabbath Master of Reality 1971
Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin IV 1971
Deep Purple Machine Head 1972
Black Sabbath Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 1973
BOC Secret Treaties 1974
Aerosmith Rocks 1976
UFO Lights Out 1977
Judas Priest Stained Class 1978
Scorpions Lovedrive 1979
ACDC Highway to Hell 1979

List 2
Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin I 1969
Sir Lord Baltimore Kingdom Come 1970
Trapeze Medusa 1970
Stray Suicide 1971
Flower Travellin Band Satori 1971
Hard Stuff Bulletproof 1972
Night Sun Mournin' 1972
Black Sabbath Vol.4 1972
BOC Tyranny and Mutation 1973
Alice Cooper Welcome to My Nightmare 1975
Scorpions Taken By Force 1978
Ace Frehley Ace Frehley 1978
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote