Music Banter - View Single Post - How blunt should I be with people?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #40 (permalink)
Mr. Charlie
Shoo Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scleaves View Post
I had a long distance (internet) boyfriend who I grew to love, for I am bi. He was a very different person, who was all about individuality and keeping a good image but being different. He could be a pain if you couldn't accept other ideas, but he was still really cool. He would participate in forums with me. He basically gave me lessons on all that he knew and lived and how to be like him. He was more than just a boyfriend to me, he was like a role model. And the people on forums respected him for being different and standing up for himself, even though he was edgy. Whenever I try to act just like him though, people on the internet instead to me take it the wrong way and I get flamed. It's really controversial the way he was because a lot of things he was into, people might consider negative, such as him rejecting ideas the majority of people considers to be good advice, but I still want to live it... to live this way, to live the ways he has inspired me. I just feel a sense of... self... when I do.

Eventually he kind of dropped off the face of the entire internet. I do not know what happened to him. But I still want to like I said, "live it". So following these different ideas of his leads me to a different way of thinking, and that leads to real questions... when somebody says something the wrong way to me, should I let them know they are addressing me the wrong way given my personality, or should I just ignore them? I try to ask myself what he would do but I'm not always sure. Here is an example... someone says for example, "Life will get better. It always does." Should I ignore them in quiet or tell them like it is and say, "Thanks, but I don't follow sentiment."
Why would you wanna be like him? You ain't him. You're you. Happiness is pretty easy when you cease trying to become something other than what you are, when you become what nature made you. As others have alluded to, being different for the sake of being different is the same as following convention, because both make their decisions based on what others are doing. A rebel or a conformist - it's the same thing. True individuals are neither.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote