Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #6223 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Skywind?
It's a total conversion mod that's been worked on for a few years now. Essentially it's trying to recreate Morrowind in the Skyrim game engine with new content, new voice acting, and an updated combat system. It's not to say it won't be great, I mean Black Mesa and The Dark Mod are amazing games made by the modding community, and the amount of content that was made for Skyrim was insane, I just don't think it's going to come out in any playable state any time soon.

Anyways I've been playing a lot of the new Tomb Raider game because I kept on hearing that it gets better after the first hour and I gotta admit, it really does. The combat, while not being ground breaking beyond not having to press a button to take cover, is functional and tight. The platforming, while not being particularly challenging is still fun, and I do quite enjoy some of the open arena areas that allow you to choose how you wish to proceed. Voice acting and dialogue are definitely above average for the games industry and the story has a nice pace to it. My only problem is the lack of optimization for Nvidia graphics cards, although seeing as the game was developed with AMD it doesn't surprise me too much, and my framerate only ever tanks when I have that realistic hair physics on. I definitely regret putting this on my top disappointments for 2013 because after the initial hour the game is quite a joy to play.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote