Music Banter - View Single Post - The Unquiet Grave
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Taxman
watching the wheels

THE LEFT BANKE

So I'm not expert. There is a lot of album considered as a classics that I haven't heard. I would like to, but I have not enough time to listen to everything.

Anyway, I haven't yet met anyone who likes this album. Or has even heard about it. So there it is. Walk Away Renee/Pretty Ballerina by The Left Banke. That name is crappy, though. They just took the names of two singles, you see.

That album is baroque pop as it's finest. I would like to say it is nearly equal to Pet Sounds, so everyone who likes Pet Sounds, should check this one out too. It is one of the greatest lost masterpieces, at least I think so.
I'm not good at describing how music sounds and I'm too tired to write more now, so I'll just throw one link to good review about this album: The Left Banke

And then to actual album: The Left Banke - Pretty Ballerina/Walk Away Renee FULL ALBUM - YouTube

I know I'm not good at writing but if someone checks that album out and likes it, I'm satisfied because it is in my opinion nearly equal to Pet Sounds, and that is a HUGE compliment.