Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 06:03 AM   #459 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Format Change

In order to make the journal more focused and also to incorporate the ever increasing amount of quality albums that arrived from 1980 onwards. I’ve now decided to streamline the existing ‘Top 10’ reviews by doing away with the middle ‘album’ section and in its place creating a larger 'verdict' section (as I talk about most of the songs in this verdict section anyway) Also I’ll be doing away with the “Also check this out….” “Albums that missed the cut…..” and the “Live Album” sections as well and now incorporating them in a new list from 11-20. So from now on there will be a ‘Top 20’ list for each year, of which all the albums 20-11 will be in a mini-review format and albums 10-1 will be larger expanded reviews similar to before. There will also be one final new section based on my contentious album pick of the year (still working on a name) which as the name suggests, I’ll be picking an album that I don’t see eye to eye with when it comes to reviewers or even with just plain public opinion (so it could either be good or bad) or even an album that is just plain terrible and should never have been released! Finally I may end each year with some additional footnotes or comments as well. All in all the yearly reviews should be tighter and with a greater overall focus as well.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 12-30-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote