Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 12:16 PM   #183 (permalink)
ffmariners
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Once again, you sir, are truly making a horrible argument. Again, living next to Norfolk we are trying to get the Expos. Wanna guess how we are gonna build a stadium? If you haven't understood yet, we are going to have a tax increase. When your state/area is getting a team, that is how it is funded. The government helps pay for these teams because they bring revenue to the area. That is one of the worst arguments you have made so far. You had me going for a little bit, but the last two were weak.
They already had the team. They were threatening to leave after Bush acquired the land in a cheap manner by manipulating the system. Do you not think the fact that he sold off his share of the Rangers for $14 million after the stadium was built had anything to do with it?

And how can you call that argument weak when you used it against Clinton? All I'm saying is everything you bring up has been a double sided sword. Do not hate another President for what he does when the one you support does the same thing, or worse.

You can call arguments weak, but people reading this see the truth. Until you can once disprove a thing I said with an intelligent argument, maybe you should stop calling MY arguments weak, thanks.

edit: and stop trying to act like you Norfolk folk are so smart, I mean, you are trying to get the Expos? haha