Music Banter - View Single Post - Landmarks....
Thread: Landmarks....
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Penshaw Monument brings with it a great sense of familiarity and safety for me. I think that has a lot to do with the ability to see it from a great distance, so if I travel I always know I'm nearly home when I see this on the skyline.

The Sage in Gateshead is a modern concert hall. They have two large halls, and a separate, smaller gig venue. Its really spacious inside too, so they have a bar, a cafe, and often various exhibitions in the interior and the foyer. They have also had some festivals and gigs outside, which is nice as it stands along the river Tyne which separates Gateshead from Newcastle.

This is an eye-sore, but we're told it's "kind of a big deal". I think the Angel of the North is still the largest sculpture in England or something stupid. All I know is you can drive along the A1 towards or away from Newcastle and if you're with someone who isnt from the area and familiar with it, will undoubtedly ask what the **** it is.

And this is, uh, a sculpture made out of shopping trolleys, next to The Telegraph pub in Newcastle. I dont think theres anything else to say about that.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote