Music Banter - View Single Post - Ten Years of Music Banter
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 01:09 AM   #165 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Meh, people think because I can't see the beauty in death metal or jazz or punk or whatever that I have poor musical taste. But it's all relative. I could say that someone who can't appreciate a good proggy keyboard solo or a bit of flute or cello has poor musical taste. We would both be wrong. We like what we like and nobody can make us like what we don't. I don't consider myself to have bad music taste, it's just what comes across from certain sections of the community. But as I say, **** 'em!
No Jazz or Punk? I always thought Prog has borrowed a lot from Jazz. It was Ahmet Ertegun who once passed up The Beatles wanted to sign the next big thing signed bands like Led Zeppelin and ABBA also signed Yes. I know he was a total fan of Jazz, and I'm guessing he likes those bands as well. Who says you can't be in Blues Rock, Pop, Prog, and Jazz all at once?
Trollheart I think you can like both Jazz and Prog and survive.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote