Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #6230 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Darksiders 2:

I loved the first one so I had high expectations. The concept of being "Death" as a protagonist is kinda at odds with itself throughout the course of the game. On one hand your the ultimate figure of fear yet the games objectives task you with collecting 3(for the banjo tooie fans) more or less "jiggys" for wholesome women and old people. Imagine the Legend of Zelda, except your the grim reaper, yet everybody still reacts to you as a little wholesome kid. It's bizarre.

The addition of loot is great however. Though you will almost never equip any of it for the pivotal moments of the game always provide you with the best loot anyway. It's still neat and does some to separate the game from those its burrowing heavily from.

Game is also a technical mess. It's apparent THQ was in the midst of going bankrupt during development because the game feels unfinished at moments. Lots of invisible walls, scenarios that are put in place but never realized, having character stuck in objects, sound going mute in instances and etc.

what is everyone's favorite zelda clone?

Mine has to be starfox adventures.

Last quality release by Rareware, and coincidentally their last game for a Nintendo console i believe. I think many of the original team departed upon the acquisition of the studio by Microsoft.

The game was originally developed for the n64 but was slated for the gamecube, and was delayed numerous times, the last one of which seemingly due to a need to make fox's hair look "furrier"

The characters were charming, the world was vibrant. It was a melting pot of different gameplay-from the spaceship shooting, riding various dinosaurs, snowmobiles, and the enjoyable combat.

Critics at the time unfairly slammed it. After being overfed this sort of action/adventure game heavily during the n64 days many reviewers were more bored with a game that burrowed so many antiquated elements.

With that being said it was curious seeing a game like "beyond good and evil" a year later get heavy praise, especially with the combat being almost idential to star fox adventures, bow staff and all.

The next game to come out in the star fox series was the awful star fox assault curiously enough developed by namco(as well as the latest metroid game, wtf nintendo?)

and to this day we have not had any more dope star fox games, really
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote