Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #13861 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
Not sounded good to you?? Or listterly falling apart and needs tlc to sound better?

Because I think Tele followed closely by a strat is the best sounding guitar on the planet, while they are often made and setup poorely they typically always sound pretty good to my ears with a decent amp.
I mostly play using my neck pickup, which is a Seymour Duncan mini-humbucker. I was trying to get a sticker off the pickguard and I don't think I put the pickup back in properly. I'm actually looking at getting a set of vintage pickups and maybe a new bridge because the neck on my tele is still the nicest I've ever played on. As for my amp... well I sold my VOX Valvetronix to help pay for my Gretsch banjo and now am just using a Line 6 tone port. I do want to get something new but I have always had a hard time coughing up the money for nicer amps. Most of my instruments are folk instruments and I'm moving more towards considering myself a banjo and mandolin player so it's even harder to find a reason to buy a nice expensive amp. I definitely think my tele will sound better when I get new pickups put it.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote