Music Banter - View Single Post - Moss here - Get to know me won't you?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Moss
Scuttle Buttin'

Default Moss here - Get to know me won't you?

What the hell, thought I would throw this out there since I have really enjoyed what I have seen on here. Love the wide variety of taste in music. I like just about anything and hate very little.

I play guitar in a band, mostly SRV, Allman Bros, Widespread panic, The Who, Zep, Grateful dead, (and some newer stuff as well), etc... Although I love that music, it's not what I spend most of my time listening to anymore. And don't worry, no plans to post boring links from my band. We are your usual weekend B grade bar band who do it for free drinks and fun.

I usually find myself listening to Guided by voices, Pavement/Malkmus, Wilco, Band of Horses, Delta Spirit, Replacements, Big Star, Drive by Truckers, Son Volt, PJ Harvey, and just about anything someone recommends. I currently believe Jason Isbell is about the best songwriter around right now. Overall I would have to say the Beatles are at the top of my list and untouchable. If you don't like the Beatles, I find your taste in music suspect, sorry.

I love that there are some very knowledgeable metal fans here and I hope to get some good recommendations. I spent a large part of my life listening to Priest, Maiden, Prong... but have kind of lost touch with metal for some reason so would like to get some recommendations. Last one I bought was Black Breath I think.

Anyway, I have strong opinions but don't like to piss people off or make their day any harder. I pretty much like everyone I meet. But I will mix it up about music.

Oh, and I'm a 45 year old guy.
Moss is offline   Reply With Quote