Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 01:03 PM   #186 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffmariners
Actually I didnt say you were dumb. NOT a personal attack. I said don't glorify Norfolk, it is only the Expos.

And NO teams do not threaten to move, the yankees didnt, the mets didnt, the orioles didnt (just a few years ago)... most teams do not act like that.

and you see it is different when a community says "we want to build you a new stadium as appreciation" and the governor says "we want this sales tax increase to cover the expense of building a stadium for the team which I have a large share of money in, which I will sell as soon as the stadium is done"

is this really hard to understand? Bush used tax money for his business venture and made $14 million by doing it. Clinton funneled money into his wifes business, can you come up with substantial proof, or even something saying he went as far as raising the sales tax to do this? No, because he did not. GW did it on a large scale, yet you think it was alright... oooooooook then. Blind faith in him will get you nowhere.

Take a look at this article, his own aides do not trust him anymore..
here...
As your evidence, you give a link to a known Democratic viewed site. Good choice. And yes, teams to threaten to move if they are not given what they want. Teams move all the time. You act like that is a rare instance. The fact is that he sold his part of the Rangers because it would have been impossible for him to be President and have ownership of a MLB franchise at the same time. Most people who own sports franchises make money. That's the whole idea of owning them. And I don't care what you think of Norfolk or the jokes of the people, because Norfolk is where I'm from, and what I know most about. So I used it as an example.