Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 12:22 AM   #13718 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

i defiantly think that 12 Years a Slave will sweep the awards season....and that it very much deserves it

that being said....i finally saw what is very likely my favorite film of 2013 (keep in mind i won't see Inside Llewyn Davis or Her until next week....and although i am positive that i will love both)

i just don't think they will register in me the same way as the brilliant simplicity of....

Nebraska

first and foremost if you can see this in a theater....do....there really is something to be said about modern...well really all black and white films on the big screen....but the modern stuff is just amazing....so clean and beautiful

this movie is hilarious....from the opening shot to the endearing end....this movie will make you laugh for all the right reasons

there is literally a scene in this film which i have lived through almost verbatim

the ENTIRE cast is perfect.....not a bad role in the entire film

did i mention that the filming itself is breathtaking?....i honestly think that black and white and the midwest should always go hand in hand

also

ok unlike Janszoon....i almost always cry at movies....that commercial where the Irish Wolf Hound greats her owner who just got back from war.....or the one where the little girl paints the Great Dane's nails.....each make me cry on the spot....i have to leave the room when a god damn SPCA commercial comes on

that being said....i made it 9m22s in this one before i started streaming tears....by the end....Niagara Falls

at the 9m22s mark....PL Travers says something along the lines of "i just can't let her go" and is referring to her books Mary Poppins....this gets to me on more levels than i'd like to express

overall the film is very fun, very serious, and in all honesty very well done

Hanks plays Disney...well like Hanks playing Disney

Thompson plays Travers remarkably well

the real gem in this film is a small part played by Paul Giamatti

i love Mary Poppins....and i can honestly say that i am very happy that movie was made

seeing this was just amazing and surprising....plus it's nice to see the Disney company make a movie that shows Walt for what he was.....a flawed but lovable business man
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote