Music Banter - View Single Post - Fight,Flight, Or Freeze?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

Default Fight,Flight, Or Freeze?

So there are three physiological responses ones body and mind go through, in the event of a catastrophe. Fight, Flight, Or Freeze? Have you ever been in a situation where those options which we are hardwired with have, presented themselves?

Which one would you choose? Which one would you like to think you would choose? For example I would like to think to that in a situation where my home was being broken into, that I would beat the intruder mercilessly with my nail studded Louisville slugger, then tie them up till the cops showed up... But sadly I don't think that would be the case..

Personally I have been in a situation where someone very close to me, had their life jeopardized and I had the option to run, freeze, or fight, and in that split second, I chose fight, and pushed the person in danger out of the way to take the impending gunshot myself. The fight response worked well in calling the shooters bluff.. But I suppose you don't really know until that situation is imposed upon you.

So I am curious, have you ever been in a situation that has warranted one of the three responses, or if you were to be in a situation where one of the the three responses were warranted which would you choose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote