Music Banter - View Single Post - body piercings-safe or not?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 02:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
stay in line
Groupie

I know a lot about piercings.. ha ha. I have three in each ear, my belly button, a couple of unmentionables, and soon my lip.

You gotta be 16 or older to have anything done.. at least around here. Gotta have an I.D. and birth certificate. Make sure the place you go to has a good reputation. Make sure they use all new tools and make sure they have autoclave (the thing that cleans the jewelry). It really doesn't hurt that badly. It'll be sensitive the day after though. It'll be black from bruising. Just make sure you clean it real good. Dial hand soap turn it around real good and then put witch hazel on it. Just keep moving it to build scar tissue.

I know the process really well. I wasn't keeping up the cleaning too good for a month or so and it got real swollen and started oozing stuff.. so just make sure you clean religiosly.

Umm.. it takes 3 to 6 months to heal completely for your navel.. you can get the jewelry changed after 2 months though.

Thats about it. Just follow the places instructions and you'll have no problems. It really doesn't hurt that much. Feels like a pinch.