Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #1621 (permalink)
Laces Out Dan!
I love Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
And when,it comes to rinks, yes. I have never seen a north-American rink in,a real life so I can't tell the difference. However, I'm not an expert but I would imagine that if you are used to play in a smaller rink, it is not a problem if you play in a little bit bigger rink, you just have a bit more time to do what you do. But maybe it's bigger problem if you are used to play in a big rink and suddenly you have less time? At least I would suppose it could be so.
I believe you're right on that. I think its a far bigger adjustment for players to downsize to a small rink where everything happens a lot faster. But the good thing about most of the North American players playing in Sochi, is that the players who are at that high of a level to compete for their country in the olympics, have very likely played many tournaments overseas as Junior players in tournaments like the U16, U18, and WJHC. As well as some pros who decide to compete in the World Championships once their team has been eliminated from the NHL Playoffs.