Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #1859 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
This, frankly, is unacceptable.

Also, 54M is guaranteed (from what I've heard). And how does paying him over 100M over the next 7 years show how little Cutler means to them LOL.
id say hes gone after year 5, they wont pay him all of that $$$. the last couple yrs dont even matter as far as money cause he will never see it. he will get the guaranteed but thats the goin rate for a 'franchise qb'. i just dont think chicago needed to break the bank for the guy, hes never been a winner, hes always been the same guy who never improved

also i wasnt sayin the contract shows what little he means to THEM. but from a viewpoint of someone who isnt writin the checks, my point is they are over estimatin how much he means to them. they have the first or 2nd duo of receivers and one of the best rbs in the league and aside from this yr, usualy a stellar defense. and cutler still makes the same mistakes year after year after year. they would been smarter goin out to trade for a kirk cousins or somethin and savin 100 MILLION imo. i dont think he is crucial to their success
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote