Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome to Trollheart's Fortress of Prog!
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

My workload does not allow me to review albums for this thread at the moment, but I want to make sure it stays alive and doesn't disappear beneath the waves of MB, forgotten and lost. And so I'm introducing

This will be my (hopefully) daily selection of some of my favourite progressive rock and metal tracks. I may write a line or two about them but mostly they'll just be YouTubes for anyone who wants to listen. There'll be no format or order, just as I think of them I'll pop them up. Anyone is welcome to talk about, ask about, request albums or even post their own if they want.

So let's get going with the first batch.

One of my favourite bands I never knew about until about 10 years ago, this is Mostly Autumn, taken from the album "The spirit of autumn past", it's "The gap is too wide".
Spoiler for The gap is too wide:

Then we have Shadow Gallery with a song taken off the "Carved in stone" album, one called "Crystalline dream".
Spoiler for Crystalline dream:

I've never been a huge fan of Spock's Beard, but I'm slowly getting there. This is a track called "Flow", which really impressed me. It's on their album "The kindness of strangers". Be warned: it's over fifteen minutes long...
Spoiler for Flow:

A band I've never had a problem getting into is Marillion, big big fan. This is from their first album with Steve Hogarth, "Seasons end", and it's called "The king of sunset town".
Spoiler for The king of sunset town:

Then there's the totally unknown Silent Edge, from their only album to date, "The eyes of the shadow", this is called "For ancient times".
Spoiler for For ancient times:

And how about Gazpacho, from "Missa Atropos", have a listen to "I was never here"
Spoiler for I was never here:

then try some Status Minor, from "Ouroboros", with "Smile"
Spoiler for Smile:

and what about this one from Invertigo?
Spoiler for Vertigo:

Another of my favourites, Arena, from the "Pepper's ghost" album, this is "Opera fanatica"
Spoiler for Opera fanatica:

and to wrap up, some Jadis. Man I love Jadis! This is "You wonder why", from their current album.
Spoiler for You wonder why: