Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #1246 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
LINK

this is the type of situation that would literally make me kill someone

-man gets 6 months in jail for payin too much child support, seein kid too much, etc.

i assumed it was somethin from The Onion or whatever and looked it up on google and there were a bunch of articles about it. i hope this is a satire thing about how the courts regularly bone men in pretty much every situation (but male priv right, feminists????). so if someone sees its a joke let me know so i can manualyl unrustle my jim jims.
That story is true, but the way it's being presented in the article you linked to is kind of misleading. From snopes:

Quote:
The details of the issue are still somewhat unclear, but the claim that Hall was punished for "paying too much child support" appears to be a misinterpretation of the facts of the case.

The crux of the matter seems to be that (as maintained by Hall) a court agreement specifying child support and visitation terms was modified without his knowledge, resulting in his underpaying child support and taking custody of his son outside of the court-approved visitation schedule. When Hall found out about the modified terms, in order to avoid jail time he quickly paid nearly $3,000 in back child support (despite, he claims, having been told during a court appearance several weeks earlier that he was all paid up) and agreed to pay the child's mother $3,000 in attorney's fees (which she presumably incurred in bringing the issue of his non-compliance with the agreement to court).
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote