Music Banter - View Single Post - Therapy is for ****s
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 12:01 AM   #44 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

So, now that I'm back (u mad???) I want to give a few shoutouts and thanks to certain members. Thanks to the group of guys who were happy to have me back in the community, especially Neo and Benteke. No offense Briks/Batty/Rezz/whoever else, but these fellas took the time to blow up my visitor wall with bonerrific babes and I feel like their efforts need to be mentioned here. Thanks guys. Also, thank, Karma! I come back, and Herm is banned. It was like a late Christmas gift so thanks to all those involved with that.

Also, thanks to our Journal Lord, Trollheart, for hosting the 2013 Journal Awards. TH does so much work on this part of the forum, and I appreciate it and I know everyone else does as well. The awards were especially cool for me because I didn't expect to win anything, but won 2 awards.

Though "Most Improved" means "Was Once Shitty, Is Now Less Shitty, I assume it really means "Wow, I am surprised you can actually form coherent sentences." Either way, I came into the journal game late and I am not sure I deserve this award. But, Maccaulay Culkin didn't deserve Mila Kunis either, and I don't see his gaunt ass whining about it.

I also won "Most Commented On" which is kinda weird since most journals have more comments than mine, but whatever. Like I said, no complaints here. For that, I can only thank other members who have commented on this journal as well as Dr. Phil.

So, as far as music goes, I plan to do an album review of a Midtown album. I've been going through a lot of different bands, listening to a few songs as a trial period, and then either ditching them or continuing my exploration of their music. Midtown was a band I saw a few times on different sites, so I decided to give them a listen and I've enjoyed the few songs I've heard. Like I said, I've been looking for emo-pop music and Midtown seems to fit the bill nicely. I also want to go back and search for more of The Movielife.

Oh, and I listened to The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die's new album. First off, shorten your band name bro. Secondly, I listened to the Whenever, If Ever album while playing video games. I can't think of who they reminds me of, but I feel like it's on the tip of my tongue. I enjoyed the album, and if a loaded Beretta was to my temple and I had to grade it, I'd probably say 8/10.

One band I thought I would like judging by my music tastes and various things I have read here and elsewhere, is Sunny Day Real Estate. I can say, after listening to about 10 songs, that I don't really understand the circlejerk over them. I found the music pretty boring, but I do love this song:

butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote