Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Metal!
Thread: Black Metal!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #196 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Black metal is kind of like punk. The elitists expect the artists to be complete scumbag *******s even though the scene died two ****ing decades ago, otherwise they aren't truly black metal.

Hardly any of these bands are probably actually church burning, murdering idiots. They probably write music about it, and they sound like black metal, but how many do you really think are actually into that stuff? Unless there are churches being burned every day, there's probably not a lot. Honestly though, if you're that attached to the artists opinions, then why even listen to music in the first place. It's just music, it isn't something to live by. I don't listen to Reign In Blood and want to go kill millions of jews, nor do I want to hate Adolf Hitler's guts any more. It's just music. I listen to it because it sounds good, not because I agree with perceived points that the music is trying to make.

Anyways, Blut Aus Norde, Leviathan, Deathspell Omega, Code, I don't know if any of these bands are nazi devil worshipers, but they make some decent music. I'm not that into black metal, like I said before, the genre doesn't really have a lot of room to operate. Most of it is pretty much the same basic formula. If you didn't know where to look, you'd be lucky to find one out of every ten black metal artists that doesn't sound identical to the other nine. Just search for ambient black metal, or atmospheric black metal, or experimental black metal and you'll find some decent stuff.

Alright, took me like 5 seconds. I googled "jazz black metal", because why the **** not.

http://www.last.fm/music/%C3%98rkenkj%C3%B8tt

Then you see artists just like that artist. Bam, music. These guys sound pretty cool already.

Last edited by Forward To Death; 01-12-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote