Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #1263 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
The stop and frisk that they do here in NY isn't because people match a description. That's the bull**** lie that cops say but they have to meet a quota and they randomly stop minorities and search them.

I know some police aren't as bad as people make them out to be but there are many bad apples as well.
I can't speak for the US, but here, as long as you're not a cock you will be fine.

There's a stat people mention a lot that you're something like 8 times more likely to be stopped if you are black, but it doesn't account for the area you live in. If you live in Aston, you are going to get stopped. If you live in Sutton Coldfield, you won't. White people live in SC, minorities in Aston, so obviously if you're comparing an affluent area to a high crime area someone is going to be overrepresented when the demographics of that area = non white

Quote:
I don't wear hoodies anymore period. which is a ****ing shame that I can't wear a hoodie because of the color of my skin. I will get harassed for it.
No, I hang around with white lads as well, they've all been stopped and searched when wearing a hood. I know more white lads that will bitch about the police than blacks, typically football fans (police can be pricks then)

It's not because of race it's because you're drawing attention to yourself (not you, but y'know) because of the way you dress or what you're doing, obviously you're not going to suspect a bloke in a suit is up to anything dodgy but a youth, or groups of youths, with hoods up? Again it goes back to the class thing I mentioned earlier.

Don't expect to act like a cock, standing on a street corner with your hood up and not get stopped for it that's fucking stupid.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote