Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #5080 (permalink)
Newkie
Boozy Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
and we've beaten Man City once a season for years now.
Ech how do you manage it, been about 6 years since we've beaten them now, getting beyond a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

So...thoughts? Incredibly harsh on Newcastle in my opinion, but when is someone active or inactive? He isn't impeding the keeper, he doesn't touch the ball, but he is standing in the six yard box, in an offside position, and has to move to avoid the ball.
Surprise surprise I feel incredibly hard done by. Ridiculous decision and if in fact Goofy did count as interfering in play then I would like the rules put back to how they were years ago-either a player is on side or he is offside. He is in Joe Hart's general field of vision along with 15 other players, if that is just cause to rule a goal out for interference then why bother allowing people to stray offside anyway?

Most of us expected the loss so the result isn't surprising but the manner of it where we easily matched and outplayed them and Remy had two great chances but credit to Hart he had a great game. M'biwa could have been sent off for the challenge, but as Mike Jones is also the ref who let McManaman try and snap Haidara in half earlier this year go unpunished I would say at least he is being consistent in his reffing, even if it is ****ing appalling reffing at that. Nasri is out for 8 weeks which is nothing compared to what De Jong did to Ben Arfa when he snapped his leg in two places, City fans clapped him off but yesterday had their violins out.

Other than all that though some very good games of football on the weekend. Arsenal to go top tonight?
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote