Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 10:38 PM   #150 (permalink)
Key

While Nirvana should be next in my list, I want to talk about another not so well known grunge band from Seattle. Actually, this band was one of the first to come out during that era. I'm talking about no other than Tad. They were fantastic in the grunge craft and really knew what to use and what not to use in the style of music to make it sound pure and awesome.

If you're looking to start your journey with this band, I would highly suggest Inhaler. Of course, in my own personal opinion, there's really no bad place to start as each album has it's own special trait to it while maintaining what grunge should sound like.

Though the lyrics are fairly simple in this song, it's not a bad opener for what came to be one fantastic release from them. Another would be this little gem from 8-Way Santa:

I really hope more people pick up some of their music, because while Nirvana were popular for being one of the first around in the grunge era, people seem to forget about Tad, which is unfortunate as I think they're music is far more groove and grunge filled than what Nirvana ever released. Not saying anything bad about Nirvana of course, but they weren't the ONLY grunge band around.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote