Music Banter - View Single Post - My Lo-Fi Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #24 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Jazz for Trollheart

I thought of adding a special feature in my journal. I call it "Jazz for Trollheart." (If for any reason you don't think it's a good idea I'll put the kabosh on it.) Today in plug.dj/musicbanter/ we were talking about what would be a good start to get Trollheart into Jazz. (I thought about doing this idea months ago but I want someone to blame.) In a way I am curious to why he's not, because there is Jazz (among other types of music) in the whole Prog mix of things. Now he doesn't have to get into Jazz that is entirely his prerogative but if he willing to give it a try...

Spoiler for Jazz For Trollheart:

I can't think of starting anywhere better then one of my favorite songs. Caravan is a Jazz standard and was composed by Juan Tizol (and according to wiki "first performed by Duke Ellington in 1936." One of the first times I heard this song it was done by the Ventures and is on their "Walk Don't Run" album. Then I discovered later it was also covered by Les Paul. It was on "The New Sound" (1955) and Les re-recorded with Chet Atkins in 1977 and appears on the album "Chester & Lester." I chose the Tommy Emmanuel & Stochelo Rosenberg live version because you can see exactly what is going on the fretboard. This song for me is the kind of song I can't play just once.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote