Music Banter - View Single Post - the official **** the vikings thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #533 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Freeman? His teammates absolutely blasted him after the season about his work ethic. There's no way he's back, and I don't know why anyone would actually want him back.
Did you even read the stuff, or did you read the title of the report "Teammates Blast Freeman's Work Ethic"?

They said he was late to meetings and that he was rough in practice the week before the Giants game. Coach Frazier and Bill Musgrave both said that he was very dedicated, and "doing everything he needed to do".

Leslie Frazier: Minnesota Vikings situation unfair for Josh Freeman - ESPN

Why do you think we kept him to be an inactive when we already have 3 QBs on the roster before him? Because they want the exclusive right to re-sign him before free agency starts, otherwise they would have cut him and saved 2M. Besides, one start, and one fraction of a season doesn't make a career, he has a much larger body of work that suggests he's a good QB than he does that suggests he's a bad one.

Also, I'm pretty sure the reports about his work ethic, or being late to team meetings, came out when he was in Tampa, and not Minnesota. I can't prove that he didn't have the same issues here, but wouldn't that be even more reason to kick him off the team? Spielman kicked Moss off the team for being an *******, and he traded Percy Harvin for being an *******, so I don't see why he wouldn't do the same for Freeman. Unless, of course, it's all a bunch of bull****, and maybe Tampa's coach was just nothing but a giant douchebag who didn't have the respect of any of his best players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...k-greg-schiano

Unless they can swing both a top shelf QB and NT in the draft this year, I think it'd be smart to bring Freeman back and see what the deal is. In an air raid offense, he should be a monster.

Last edited by Forward To Death; 01-16-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote