Music Banter - View Single Post - Just thought I'd say hello :)
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cosmology
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Heh. Coincidentally, a coworker and I were just talking about T. Rex today! I love T. Rex... and Goldfrapp. I'm not familiar with CSS or Empire of the Sun though (unless CSS is short for something that's just not occurring to me, aside from Cascading Style Sheets). What are those two like?
You and your co-worker have excellent taste! No matter what kind of new music I get into, I always have time for T.Rex. Goldfrapp are great too. I saw them live a couple of years ago and was very impressed.

CSS are a Brazilian indie group. The initials in their name stands for 'Cansei de Ser Sexy' which I think roughly translates from Portuguese as "tired of being sexy" (!) I loved their first album but I haven't really got around to catching up with what they're doing now. If you want to get an idea of their overall sound, I'd say check out 'Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above.'

Empire of the Sun are an alternative group too. I've heard people compare them to MGMT. 'We Are The People' is one of my all-time fave tracks, and I love the video too - for me, the visual element is a very important part of any musician's appeal. I like musicians to dress up and put on a bit of a show, especially if I'm going to bother to see them perform live!

What kind of music do you like? Anyone in particular?
Cosmology is offline   Reply With Quote