Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Angry
Thread: I'm Angry
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 03:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

God! "How am I supposed to know..."? Read the effing rules man! Whether you're spamming or not, NO personal self-promotion of any kind (for gain or otherwise) is allowed here UNTIL you have established yourself. Posting on 1 or 2 threads is NOT establishing yourself. You need to be here a minimum of three months before you can start posting your music.

"How come a music discussion forum doesn't allow posting of music"? Precisely because of that: we're a music DISCUSSION forum, NOT a music SHARING or PROMOTION forum. We talk about music, we don't provide a free platform for every new aspiring band to show us how great they are. If we did that, we'd have nothing but threads along the lines of "Check out my band it's cool". most of which would not be cool.

If you were unclear about the rules, you should have asked before posting. They're there for a reason.

If you want to join the community, get established and later (much later) introduce us to your music fine, but not after a few posts or a few days/weeks. We've mods here --- mods, who have been here years --- who play/compose music but don't post it here.

Sure nobody reads t&c (even AFTER that South Park episode showed us all how we absolutely should!) but we have a threads showing the RULES, which you SHOULD have read. Alternatively you could just have asked.

I agree perma-ban is a little harsh, but is it possible you made other accounts prior to that? Maybe you just caught a mod on a bad day. Either way, if you're unsure if something is ok you should really ask. Did the lack of other "hey look at my band" posts not tip you off? We do in fact have a Forum Members Showcase where I believe members can post their music but as I don't play I am unfamiliar with the terms for posting there.

Nonetheless, my advice would be to refrain from posting any music until you are here longer than a few months: this is standard operating procedure here. If you can't wait that long then you're probably here for the wrong reasons. What threads did you post in, as a matter of interest?

It is very friendly here, but the mods take pretty much a zero tolerance view on advertising, and whether you like it or not, posting your music when you're unknown here is seen as advertising and promotion.

(This has been a production of Unnecessarily Long Winded Posts, a division of Trollheart Industries LLC. This message is not endorsed or authorised by any mods).