Music Banter - View Single Post - The "Recommended by" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Key

Listening to because: http://www.musicbanter.com/album-rev...ml#post1400194

It's not so much a recommendation as it is finding it in someone's thread and listening to it. Though, I give credit to Anteater for posting about the album, because as much as I did know they did release a new album, I never got around to listening to it. Seeing him put it in a list of top albums made me want to listen to it.

Being one of the few Queensryche fans at this forum, I figured it'd be a good idea to finally give this a listen, and what a fantastic album it is. Right away, you know that you're listening to a Queensryche album and not some try hard wishy washy prog album that sounds like everything else. The vocalist is Todd La Torre on this album, and as much as I like Geoff Tate a lot more, he really does add his own individuality on this album, and it's done in a way that makes it sound fresh and new, but still remaining to keep that good ol' QR sound. The guitarist puts so much into what he wants to portray on this album in a way that he sounds heavier than ever, at least in my opinion. I mean, the opening chord to this song really shows what to expect:

Coincidentally, I found Spore to be the stand out track to me as it really has that great chorus I look for in a progressive metal album. However, that's not saying the rest of the album sucks, it's fantastic. It's a beautifully crafted progressive metal album. Definitely a step forward for Queensryche, and i'm interested to hear more of Todd La Torre, because if he keeps the sound that he has on this album, i'll be far more open minded with him.

Fantastic album, Anteater. I know you didn't recommend this directly, but I see why this made your list.

Rating: 8.5/10
Key is offline   Reply With Quote