Music Banter - View Single Post - What band first got you into Metal?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #205 (permalink)
Primeval Scum
Music Addict

> By 6th grade I got into radio rock like Nickelback, Daughtry, All American Rejects, Green Day, etc. But I gradually started craving more intense stuff.

> By 8th grade I was into hard rock and post-grunge like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, and Seether.

> By my freshman and sophomore years of high school I was huge into bands like Metallica, System of a Down, KoRn and Avenged Sevenfold.

> I discovered the heavier metal genres during my junior year of high school via In Flames' album Colony and Come Clarity. I then became enthralled with melodic death metal, discovering bands like At The Gates, Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium and Scar Symmetry. Soon after I also discovered doom metal via Candlemass and the lighter forms of black metal via Agalloch and Cradle of Filth. I also got really into folk metal via Eluveitie and Wintersun. I was still 'scared' of the more extreme death and black metal.

> During my senior year of high school I started branching out and exploring all of the metal genres. I came to appreciate old school death metal, grindcore, "kvlt" black metal and super atmospheric stuff as well. I also delved into the discographies of a lot of the classic metal bands like Maiden, Slayer, Black Sabbath, etc.

> Now I am a sophomore in college and a full-fledged metalhead. My metal journey continues as I continue to listen to all the metal I can get my hands on!!!

Don't grieve for me, I'm not there. I am the gentle autumn rain. Hold up my lamp to light your way. Farewell to thee...
Primeval Scum is offline   Reply With Quote