Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm Here Today, Expect It To Stay On - Ki's Journal of Music
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #152 (permalink)
Key

So, there's this really nifty tool that I like to use when I'm just in one of those moods of searching for new music. Unfortunately I can't hyperlink it, so just look up "What the fuck should i listen to now". It basically let's you find bands that sound similar to a band that you search. It's powered by last.fm, so think what you want about that. Anyway, the point i'm getting to...

I was in a post-rock mood this evening, and obviously the first search is going to be pg.lost. I've done it before, but have always been led to bands that I already knew about, until now. The artist that I found is called Daturah. I've never heard of this artist or group before so I figured i'd give them a shot, and I am blown away from the first track already. It's got that post-rock feel I look for and really knows how to captivate you into one amazing listening experience. I'm not really great at recommendations, but since this album is the first I have listened to, i'd recommend it...

Reverie

I'm sure there are people out there screaming at their computers saying "oh my god, you haven't heard of these guys, where have you been??!". I'm sorry guys, I really just don't go out of my way to search for new music anymore as my list of albums that have yet to be listened to is constantly growing, but hey, I get in that mood every now and then where I just want something new.

We all have those moments where we just want to share the living crap out of a new band or album that we've never heard before and are blown away. This is definitely one of those moments, and i'm proud to say that I am instantly a fan.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote