Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana vs. Foo Fighters
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:59 AM   #134 (permalink)
Taxman
watching the wheels

You can understand music in a technical way, if you know theory enough but you can also understand it in an other way. The most important thing in music is not on the notebook, mid you. Of course, everyone understands this side of music differently, which means that one particular song can have a different meaning to different people and they may be opposite to the composers'. Is that understanding? Maybe not. So I'd rather say, you can't understand, you can only interpret it, and everyone solves the code differently.

But surely you can understand music perfectly from the technical point of view, you can say "this chord is an A minor" and nobody can disagree with your conclusion. However, that is not the most important aspect...
, how can one misunderstand Nirvana's music then, like I wrote, I honestly do not know. Maybe I should have said that most of them interpret it differently than I. But you know, everyone feels the same but just sees it from a different point of view, so I really can't tell. Never mind.