Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 06:41 AM   #26446 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
People don't give a **** about kids with challenges like that. They just see a kid misbehaving or what looks like it and assume the worst. Especially LiL that already hates kids.
I know. Unless the other person knows what it's like to have a child or teenager with an invisible disability. My parents have said they've become a lot more patient with other people's kids out in public since learning how to cope with autism themselves, especially if the other kid exhibits similar behaviours. I'm not saying that all behaviours are excusable, because they aren't, but autistic children have a harder time in social situations and that's what people don't understand. I get that. Social skills is one of the main points of therapy for autistic people.

From what LiL wrote here, she wasn't being rude. Since autistic kids often have very poor social skills and won't usually interact with or listen to strangers (like taking the NO or "Please stop that" commands that Lil used), it comes down to parental responsibility. Where was mom/dad or an aide? I think that's really the issue in this instance.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote