Music Banter - View Single Post - Madonna VS Lady GaGa
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #126 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You actually liking her and the masses liking her are two completely different things. She wouldn't have went anywhere if she stuck to that same image of just sitting behind the piano doing nothing. She is far too creative to waste it all just stuck behind a piano.

Where did I mention anything about the masses? I said if she concentrated more on her music instead of extra stuff for attention I might would like her because she is talented but she wastes it on gimmick material and gimmick antics for attention.

She wants to be a pop star which is why she reverts to gimmick antics for attention. Madonna has already done what Gaga is desperately trying to do and she has done it way better.

Wearing meat outfits and doing Euro dance music is not THAT creative.

I think she tries to be pretentious but her music does not reflect that.

Quote:
You forget that Gaga is still fairly new. This would sound the same if you were talking about Madonna when she just started out. Of course she doesn't have 30 years under the belt of doing theatrics. I don't even get this statement.
The point is Gaga is just copying Madonna.

She is not doing anything creative or innovative.

She is not an original artist which was my point.

This has nothing to do with being new. Janelle Monae is new but she is far more creative and artistic than Lady Gaga. So this has nothing to do with being "new"

Quote:
Gaga entertains way better than Madonna but that's just my opinion. Just like you think Gaga is a try hard and contrived.

I am not a huge Madonna fan but I like a few of her albums and she definitly was artistic and entertaining in her prime. The fact that Gaga is constantly compared to Madonna is really comical because she is no where near as artistic and entertaining than her but different strokes for different folks.

Dont see how you can find her more entertaining than Madonna when she basically is copying Madonna's entire career.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote