Music Banter - View Single Post - who's the coolest punk-rock band???
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 10:50 PM   #57 (permalink)
covle
Music Addict

id first like to say something. somebody mentioned earlier in this thread that they "dont know punk because i live in australia". to you, i would like to say....YOU ARE A ****ING IDIOT. i live in australia also. the radios and channel v and rage and that that bull**** dont know punk, they dont play punk. the vines, greenday, whitestripes, blink....all these bands get air time in aus. and they are attempting to portray themselves as a genre they have no idea about. the presenters think they know a bit about music. the guys on channel v do, but the radio guys are ****s. i hate the radio. if any of you guys visit aus, listen and youll see what i mean. iamalejo and david frost, to me while reading this thread, appear to be the only ones with a distinct knowledge on this topic. no offense to anybody else, but these guys do know what they are talking about, and everyband they have mentioned that iv known, i have at least liked, and if i didnt know them then id check them out. somebody was also bitching about the punk princesses. who gives a **** what these young girls wear and want to think? get over it. the punk movement is dead. what we are shown is the standardised musical "skills" and to-cool-to-care presona's of bands mentioned at the start of this thread, and a large number during it. i do not mean to offend the other contributors to this thread. a few good bands were mentioned. a few great bands were mentioned. the main thing that ****ted the **** out of me was that aussie chick saying that crap. punk is here. there is a very strong punk scene in every state. it is just not expressed to the masses via the demeaning popularised forums...such as commercial radio.

whoa...i quoted atreyu, that means im hardcore. look how hardcore i am!! thats hardcore...XXX
covle is offline   Reply With Quote