Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for ....
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Winterchase
Groupie

Default Looking for ....

I hope this doen't make me sound like and idiot but I'm a screenwriter with a new script and could use your advice:

There must be thousands of actresses out there who can play mid 20s and at least that number of singers with voices equal to the best, but how many can both act and sing, or could, and would, if given the chance?

To test a marketing theory/strategy, I contacted four artist management agencies (who manage A&R reps) proposing they consider a client who was signed or unsigned, that looked the part in a script, who could also act, and in sort of a “package” present it to their parent company, a studio.

It worked. Two I haven’t heard back from but the other two responded rather quickly, one saying he didn’t have a client (I saw his client list – he was right), the other saying he did and would run with it, if she liked the script. She passed without seeing it saying she wanted to do an album, not a film. After hearing her speaking voice, I was actually relieved she did.

My question: how or where can I find the right girl with the right demographics for the lead role? She should already be signed because her A&R rep is needed to get my script, and his client, shown to a level in his parent company (a studio) writers normally can’t get to. She probably won’t be well known, yet, and I don’t know squat about popular music (or artists) to know who to look for, or where. In film there are casting agencies, but they are about acting, not music, and the cost….

Any suggestions?
Winterchase is offline   Reply With Quote