Music Banter - View Single Post - How masculine or feminine are you?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Trillian
Groupie

Well, I'm a girl, but I have a pixie cut and don't really like high heels or skits/dresses (unless they have pockets, then they're fine). I really like sneakers, but that could be because I have flat feet and joint issues. I like the more "masculine" disciplines like math and science as opposed to history. But I like literature and music, so there's that. In general I'm of the opinion that function trumps form, but that form is important too. I like cooking. I like wearing fancy winged eyeliner. I like sewing. I don't like carrying purses. I'm assertive when it comes to stating my opinion.

Why are some things considered more masculine or feminine, though? I mean, I've been mistaken for a boy before (only briefly though, because my figure is DEFINITELY feminine), probably because people see short hair and automatically assume short hair=boy. But I don't feel less female because I do some things that aren't "feminine". I think the idea that certain behaviors are masculine or feminine is kind of pointless because it's so dependent upon culture.
Trillian is offline   Reply With Quote