Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #13784 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
A little late, but I went to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty last week

I was a little disappointed because most of the truly poignant scenes were in the trailer, but it was a beautifully shot film and Stiller acted it well. It dragged at points and they should've focused on Wiig's character a bit more I think...if they had done more to characterize her as an amazing woman worth changing your life for maybe the movie would've seemed even more emotional to me but it's probably just a 7.5 or 8 out of 10 from me.
I agree with a lot of this. I enjoyed it. Some of the surreal daydreaming sequences are over the top and absurd but in a way that works and it gives it some light comedy moments. It is very beautifully shot in places too. But yeah, I felt it dragged a little and also I thought it was a little predictable. The girl I was with didn't pick up on it, so maybe it's not as predictable as I think it is, but I knew what was gonna happen with a good 30-40 minutes left.

It's good. I'd probably pick up a cheap DVD sometime and watch it again. But it's not brilliant.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote