Music Banter - View Single Post - The "get [insert forum member here] into [insert genre or subgenre here]" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #131 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
wow.....seriously i was expecting they typical kind of satire that Will pumps out through his music....and it seemed to start that way....but really took a major u-turn

kind of depressing....but in a good way (if thats possible) the music was very fitting for the ultimate mood created by the song....i feel like i should know who is singing the chorus but i just can't place the name....either way it really works

turned out to be a really nice track
It's Ben Folds and Aimee Mann. Folds wrote most of the stuff with Shatner. Yeah it's a really interesting album. If you haven't already heard his version of "Common people" you need to. Some of the tracks are a bit meh but there are some really good ones on it, and the whole thing was a surprise package to me, so much so that when I saw he had a new one --- and it's a prog album apparently --- I leaped on it.

Thanks for being the first to comment, bob. Hope others like it too. Or hate it. But listen to it.