Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #5111 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Can anyone tell me if Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley are any good? Toronto FC just signed both of them, and they're hyping them up a lot (particularly Defoe). I'm just wondering how these guys stack up against other players in the more notable European leagues.
Haven't seen enough of Bradley to comment as I don't follow Italian football and he only made 3 apps at Villa but Defoe is yes. He is not going to win the Ballon d'Or or anything obviously but could easily be playing at a club like Villa or other teams in that sort of position in the league, that is about his level. Not quite good enough for the teams going for Champions League but yeah could still make a living in the Premier League. He's a goalscorer and I'm sure he will be a success at Toronto and get 15 goals a season.

I heard him moving to Toronto and with the WC coming up thought he must not give a shit about playing in it and just wants the money because he'd probably make the squad if he was playing regularly in the Prem.

If I remember correctly Spurs fans didn't want him to go, and they have now spent 25m on Soldudo.

Basically if you want to know if you should be getting excited about it I would say yes. Would take him at Villa.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote