Music Banter - View Single Post - The "Recommended by" thread
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 11:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

Has been --- William Shatner --- Recommended by ? and now re-recommended by Trollheart

Someone, I can't remember who, recommended this album a while back and pleaded for anyone to look beyond the obvious sniggery reactions to Shatner's music, which I (eventually) did. I was impressed. I've reviewed the album in my journal for anyone who wants to check it out, but let's just say that this album is different.

Of course our Bill don't sing; he talks in spoken-word fashion that is really quite poetic, and you know his voice instantly. He's helped by Ben Folds on the piano and guitar, and also drags in the likes of Joe Jackson, Aimee Mann and Brad Paisley to help. Even Black Flag's Henry Rollins is up for it! The songs are not all great; some are downright awful but the good ones far outweigh the bad and on this album when Shatner is good he is VERY good!

Have a listen if you're someone who prides themselves on having an open mind musically, and f you don't come away with something from this album I'll be very surprised. It's unlikely you've ever heard anything like it.
Myself and Pete have talked about it quite a bit. Really good album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote