Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 AM   #26524 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
my racism and boner were at a constant battle all nite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
My favourite person at work will be leaving next Saturday and I am off till the Wednesday after, so today was my last day working with her. Pretty sad about it.
^ Young love can be so tough. I remember once, after a co-worker´s last day, I went home from the office, sat on my bed and cried.

@ Ki; if you have a doctor´s note, they really shouldn´t complain. Far better that you get fixed up and go back healthy than aggravate the prob by going back too early. Also, your health is more important than a manager´s work load.

@ LoathsomeP; glad you had a productive day. Of all those things you mentioned, I think the Lego was the only one I could´ve done!

@ Vanilla; sorry to hear you don´t feel too good. I hope you bounce back soon and do well in your exam. Waiting, meanwhile, for a photo of you plus backpack in the classroom !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogsy View Post
It's Australia Day here. Met up with friends for a barbecue and on the way there (by train) had to listen to a bunch of morons on the train yelling and shouting whilst chugging from beer bottles. They had the Australian flag draped around their shoulders and were slagging off anyone who didn't look 'Australian'. They were making racist remarks to any person who looked Indian or Asian. Stupid wankers probably didn't realise that a lot of those people were probably born here and have Australian citizenship. Made me feel proud to be Australian ................... Not!!
^ Yes, that sounds disagreeable, Grogsy. I guess none of those morons were enthusing about Tibetan monks as per your avatar...

And as for me; I should´ve been preparing course material for the classes that I have to teach in the coming months, but instead I´ve been downloading music so that I´ll have something new to listen to as I drive to work ...

EDIT: People here who are of European descent can be pretty snobbish about people of indigenous descent too. It seems pretty strange to be saying, in effect, "Because my great-granddad came from Spain, I´m better than that guy, whose great-granddad was born here."

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 01-26-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote