Music Banter - View Single Post - Should the Superbowl Halftime show be reserved for older acts?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Two Spirit
Music Addict

Default Should the Superbowl Halftime show be reserved for older acts?

Ever since Bruno Mars was announced as the performer at next week's Superbowl Halftime show, something just hasn't felt right about it.

I mean, the guy has talent and I'm not denying that. I even like a few of his tracks. However, he just hasn't been around that long. Madonna, Beyonce, and even the Black Eyed Peas had been in the industry for at least a decade before playing on America's biggest stage.

There's many other artists that have been successful over the past few decades and haven't been given the chance to play Halftime. Metallica is one that comes to mind.

I have nothing against Bruno as a musician, but the Halftime has always been played by older, legacy artists, not newcomers like Bruno.

Overall, the NFL made a big mistake by hiring him to perform. It seems the tradition of seeing accomplished acts playing the stage is over, and we'll start seeing new, current artists performing every year. Ugh...

What are your thoughts?
Two Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote