Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you talk to people about music IRL?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

what youve said makes a lot of sense and i think ppl can relate. my friends and i really dont talk about music much. my one good friend is really into rap but guys on this forum would put him to shame. he likes the 90s era stuff and introduced me to it yrs ago so sometimes we will mention about a new release or single and talka bout it for a few minutes. my other good friend really likes the beatles and radiohead lol. if we are hangin out i will throw on some newer stuff to introduce to him but he is pretty indifferent.

when someone you dont know well asks what u like its hard to answer.... 'everythin' might as well be not even answerin. its like when ppl ask 'how are ya' and we all just respond 'good, u??' it gives no insight. but if you list your fave bands and you know the other person wont know them then ya kinda sound like some pretentious underground guy.

i dunno i usually try to mention some mainstream bands that everyone in teh conversation can relate to and i at least sorta like. plus my fave bands are ghey as phuck to mention to others i am just meetin. i know the impression they will get and its not a good one so i usually try to not answer or deflect the question lol
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote