Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #1951 (permalink)
Trillian
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Don't understand how you can possibly lump Smashing Pumpkins in with Nirvana and The Smiths. SP have four incredible albums and they don't receive nearly as much credit as Nirvana's good three. I rarely hear SP's work mentioned unless alongside someone trashing Billy Corgan's personality. The Smiths are one of my favourite bands but yet again, they are one of the most popular artists of the eighties and Morissey is worshiped like a god despite being even more of a knob than Corgan.
Eh, maybe my opinion of SP is colored by the fact that the first thing I heard from them was Adore, which, IMO, was not a good album AT ALL. The only track worth listening to was Ava Adore. Plus, I think I overdosed on 1979 and Bullet With Butterfly Wings when I used to listen to alternative rock radio.

And I love The Smiths (and own copies of Strangeways, The Queen is Dead, and Meat is Murder and listen to them regularly), I just don't think they're God's gift to pop music like everyone makes them out to be. And agreed; Morissey is a total sh*thead.
Trillian is offline   Reply With Quote