Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #1953 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
What makes you say that? Fantasia sangggs unlike many singers who just sing. She moves people with her voice and has a natural soulfulness to her voice something that is desperately missing from the mainstream female singers.
I'm so glad the diva showboating voice is missing from mainstream female singers. I always thought it was awful and it's the main reason I cringe any time Christina Aguilera sings. What you calling "saaaaangs" needs to stay in churches.

Quote:
Janet is CRIMINALLY underrated. She gets casted as just MJ's little sister outside America in certain countriesand the American music industry have not be nice to her over the last 10 years.

She was blacklisted and censored most of the last 10 years on American radios and music stations like MTV and VH1.
What has she done in the last 10 years?

Quote:
Also, her influence is very underrated. Alot of people cite Madonna as a the primary influence on todays pop female entertainers when Janet has had just as much of an influence

Her discography is underrated as well.
Janet's influence isn't on pop music , it's on R&B music that's why she doesn't get credit for it as she shouldn't. It's weird that you would reduce her influence to being over pop music instead of R&B.

Quote:
Chrisette Michelle just has one grammy and besides she is one of the best female vocalist of her generation. She is a great live singer and she is way better singer than most of the mainstream singers that are glorified.
She is still a critical darling and having one Grammy is enough to kick you out of being underrated. Most R&B singers are in the same boat that she is in though. So I don't know what more you want. America isn't really huge into R&B unless it is Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote