Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #1959 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I'm so glad the diva showboating voice is missing from mainstream female singers. I always thought it was awful and it's the main reason I cringe any time Christina Aguilera sings. What you calling "saaaaangs" needs to stay in churches.
OMG LOL I am dying over here....I need oxygen hahahahaha

Sanggging lol does not mean diva showboating singing. It actually means the opposite. Tasia sings with SOUL and emotion which is something that is missing from the popular female singers of today. You can sing with emotion and soul without making long runs or showboating your vocals.

The number one thing that makes a great singer is the ability to move audiences with your voice.

Quote:
What has she done in the last 10 years?
What has Elvis, Beatles, Rolling Stones done in the last 10 years? Nothing but their impact and influence is still recognize

Janet does not get recognize for the impact that she has had on today's popular female entertainers.

It is almost as if her legacy is swept under the rug

Quote:
Janet's influence isn't on pop music , it's on R&B music that's why she doesn't get credit for it as she shouldn't. It's weird that you would reduce her influence to being over pop music instead of R&B.
Janet is a POP singer who sung many different genres not just R&B.

Quote:
She is still a critical darling and having one Grammy is enough to kick you out of being underrated. Most R&B singers are in the same boat that she is in though. So I don't know what more you want. America isn't really huge into R&B unless it is Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke.
[/QUOTE]

The industry wants white people singing R&B music and black people singing pop music which is why lightweights like Timberlake can get away with singing R&B music.

D Angelo, Lauryn Hill, Maxwell were singing R&B way before JT even got a record deal and they don't get the rightful respect they deserve for their influence on the genre while JT does for making artificial imitations of it.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote