Music Banter - View Single Post - My Lo-Fi Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Pete Seeger

This is for Pete Seeger. I didn't know much about him or his music. Other than the fact Pete Seeger would play a long-neck banjo usually with a capo. But I do remember seeing him on dvd(s) and in movies (or a movie) that I would often watch. There were two things I remember about him the most:

One was when Elizabeth Cotten tells Pete the story who she came to know his family, the Seegers, when she found his half-sister, Penny, lost in a department store, then later went on to work the Seeger family. That story always amazes me how lucky a chance they got to meet, other-wise the world probably wouldn't have known about her.

Another one was in the movie, Alison's Restaurant, when Arlo goes to visit his father in the hospital. Pete was already there visiting Woody Guthrie, with his long-neck banjo and singing him some tunes.

I wish I do better that this, but seeing him on film probably tells more about his kind nature personality than I could.

Spoiler for Pete Seeger videos:

Spoiler for Pete Seeger and Elizabeth Cotten:

I couldn't find the except I wanted so I provided here a still frame and/or movie for you if you care to watch. Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie are singing The Car song to Woody.

Spoiler for Alison's Resturant:

This is just a still frame:
Spoiler for still frame:

This is the movie, jump to 47:30, when Arlo steps off the elevator.
Spoiler for movie:

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote