Music Banter - View Single Post - Film music software
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
j0cke
Groupie

Question Film music software

Hey!
1st post here & dunno if im at the right place but.. :p

first of, I am into film music ( film score ) and I am really looking for a new DAW.
I have been using FL studio just for fun for around 2-3 years now but I am not convinced that FL can provide me with the quality sounds I need for a film score (Orchestra, strings etc) I mean sure FL got some good plugins and effects but IMO FL's mostly capable for making beats, dubstep, house, hip hop etc.

So, now: I wanna get a new music software, DAW or w/e you wanna call it, I got PC and have been looking on both Pro tools 11 and NI's Kontakt + some libraries.

You people have some experience with these softwares or any other? And what can you recommend for making more dramatic/orchestral music. WITH QUALITY, I find FL lack a bit of quality, I really want it to sound professional.

- - -

TL;DR - Having FL studio atm, wanna upgrade to something more film music score friendly with better quality so I've looked into Pro tools and Kontakt/Komplete bundle, anyWhich can get the task done?one got any experience with this?

Thanks! =)
j0cke is offline   Reply With Quote