Music Banter - View Single Post - Oscars 2014
Thread: Oscars 2014
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

I'll admit that I have not cared about the Academy Awards for many years and I normally never even see all of the contenders. I happen to have seen a lot of this year's though.

Why I'm posting here, now is that I think Leonardo DiCaprio should win Best Actor. The academy often gives this award to old men who have not won before they kick off but Leo should get this one.

I've seen, I think, every film the man has ever made and this new one, to me, features his best performance as an adult. He's a good actor in everything he does and he always shows off that crazy emotional outburst thing he does in at least a couple scenes of each film. However, for me, he's been a bit dull as grown-up man actor. All his brooding cops / detectives / vagabonds with facial hair run together in my mind. But..

In WoWS he shows us everything that he can do, and has been doing for 20 years. He's comical, intimidating, endearing, and just balls out crazy. Yeah he's still young compared to some of the other contenders but he should win this one. I hope the academy doesn't give it to Dern just b/c he'll die sooner.